If November was a symphony, the finale happens in its last few days. Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday have a domino effect that ushers us into the magical Christmas season. Right about now I’m usually longing for fall to linger a but, this year, I’m ready for the change and all it brings: cold weather, more time off, gatherings, gifting, and, for us, travel. I think the slower pace we took this month has me ready to get moving again. It was a no travel month for us and we enjoyed reconnecting with one another, friends, our home, and our routines.
In a recent poll on Instagram, you voted that you prefer these monthly recaps to my monthly best buys, so here you go! As a reminder, my best buys of the month are still included in these recaps, and you can see those by scrolling to the bottom of the post.
These are the things I’ll always remember when I look back on this month.
- We saw Hamilton locally. This was the highlight of the month for me! If you have the opportunity, invest and go see this unique, fun work of art. I can’t get enough of the soundtrack, which is even better now that I’ve seen the show.
- My Dad turned 60 and we celebrated with a big chili cook-off and fire at a local park.
- We hosted the first Thanksgiving in our home. Having everyone here was a treat, and we finally got use out of our china (for the first time!), which was fun.
- We gathered for a Thanksgiving family reunion with my Dad’s side of the family. I love seeing my Dad reunited with his siblings and the different sides they bring out in one another.
- I kicked off the holiday season on the blog, sharing gifts guides for each special person on your list. More gift guides to come in December.
Loves, Likes, & Passes
Sharing things I ate, purchased, or did – and whether I’d recommend them.
- NeoCutis Bio-Serum / Love / I restocked on skincare this month, and this serum is a favorite. I can tell a difference immediately when I’m using it. Keep an eye on Dermstore for a sale this December.
- Capture Stain Remover / Love / I wouldn’t normally rave about a home product, but this stain remover has gotten wine, fresh mud, coffee, and more out of our suede-like sofa, our nice rugs, and more.
- Compartment Bento Box / Love / In an effort to eat out less, I bought these and have been sending them to work with David for lunch and occasionally using them for food storage. They’re microwave & dishwasher safe and are great for meal prep, if that’s your thing, or taking food to the office.
- Clinique for Men Face Wash / Love / I bought this for David when he decided to grow out a beard this month, as his skin gets a little irritated and congested. I didn’t expect him to take the bait and use it daily, but he loves the scent and texture! Definitely grab this for your man if you’re trying to (secretly) help them up their skincare game.
- Anthro Sock Set / Love / Run, don’t walk, to your local Anthro or Anthro.com to grab these. Super cozy and delightfully soft, you need these for fireside reading, lounging, and Christmas decorating this month.
- Natale China / Love / Once Thanksgiving had passed, I pulled out a few pieces from our Christmas china set to display around the home. I’m currently using this footed serving bowl as our fruit/produce bowl and this pitcher as a vase for our weekly flowers. These are classy and add a little touch of holiday without being cheesy or over-the-top.
- Mandolin Brunswick Stew / Love / For my locals, Mandolin is one of our favorite restaurants for a craft cocktail. I’m not usually one for their food (a little heavy for my taste), but they have a special Brunswick stew this month that’s hearty, relatively light, and perfectly warm for a cold winter’s night.
November Best Buys
My favorite purchases & most-used items from the month.
- Sam Edelman Bowen Boot / 30% off on Amazon today, these are more comfortable and stylish than my classic L.L. Bean boots, I love these boots. They’re just as ideal for countryside hiking as they are for walking around town.
- Sezane Zack Sweater / This ivory pullover (similar under $100 here and here) completely had my heart when I saw it online, and it’s just as beautiful in person. The high neckline and plait give it a timeless, feminine feel, like almost everything from my new favorite french retailer, Sezane.
- Sezane Marfa Ring / I love a beautiful, gold ring that is chic without trying too hard. This ring is textured, can adjust to suit your fingers, and is a stunning shade of gold.
- Marc Jacobs Bronzer / As a devotee of Hourglass’ bronzer, I went searching for a new shade for winter and fell in love. It’s the closest to a natural tan I’ve ever gotten from a makeup product.
- Gold Hair Clip / I found this affordable clip ($9) on Black Friday, wanting to change up my always down, everyday soft curls. This gold clip is easy to use and can be dressed up for holiday and New Years’ parties.
On the Blog
What you loved most, what I loved sharing, and a recap of the month’s posts.
The Posts I Loved Sharing / Holiday Gift Guide for the Beauty Lover
Don’t Miss / Holiday Gift Guide for the Fitness Lover
December Sneak Peek…
This month on the blog, you can expect more holiday gift guides and style posts. We’re still working on the blog’s redesign which, again, will provide you with a more streamlined experience with a variety of features to help you stay inspired and shop on the go.
We’ll be headed to Montana to celebrate Christmas with David’s family this year, and I can’t wait for cold weather and snow. Personally, I’m looking forward to decorating for the holiday (we get our tree tonight) and making my “holiday season wishlist,” which isn’t about presents but rather my daydream for what this last month of the year will look like for our family. I don’t want to miss a thing!
I love receiving your feedback and thoughts on Instagram and through my contact form. Please continue to send them my way and let me know what you’re loving and what you’d like to see more of. Happy November!