Since I didn’t grow up as a girly girl, it might seem puzzling that I enjoy beauty items. The truth is that I love the art and science of it all. I tell David frequently that I should’ve been a makeup artist or aesthetician! I could spend hours learning about colors that sit just right on different skin tones and ask my aesthetician more questions than anyone else she sees.
While I’m always keeping an eye out for new products, there were some that I gravitated back to time after time last year because they’re just that good. I chose 5 products from my makeup, skincare, and haircare routines that I’ll be keeping in rotation in 2019 and am sharing them with you today. That’s not to say you won’t see me finding new favorites, but these 15 are special enough to receive a spot in my day to day routine.
1. Pacifica Mascara – My #1 makeup find of 2018. This natural mascara doesn’t irritate my eyes, is the perfect shade of black, and both separates and lengthens my lashes incredibly naturally.
2. BareMinerals Stroke of Light – This under-eye concealer adds a brightness to my face that I love. The formula is creamy and adds moisture to the tender under-eye area.
3. Tarte Lip Paint in Hella – Slightly glossy nude in just the right shade? This is the one. It look pretty with soft daytime makeup or a bold smokey eye at night.
4. MAC Brun – My go-to color for filling in my brows but also a one stop shop for eyeshadow, especially for hazel/green eyes.
5. Lancome Highlighter in Luminous Gold – Delivers that little extra something that makes you look like you’re glowing from within. I apply to my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, and my cupid’s bow.
6. Zo Skin Health Oil Control Pads – These pads keep acne at bay and clear breakouts extremely quickly when they pop up. I have never used a more effective acne product in my entire life.
7. NeoCutis Eye Cream – Miracle cream for under-eye dryness, wrinkles, circles, and puffiness. I notice instant fullness under my eyes and around my cheekbones, and the results get even better with time.
8. Tan Drops for Face – I love how natural 1-2 drops of this self tanner look on my skin in the winter. They also make my skin feel softer.
9. Caudalie Lip Conditioner – Chapstick but better. I have a few of these and them in my nightstand, makeup bag, purse, and gym bag.
10. NeoCutis BioSerum – Designed to combat wrinkles, smooth texture, and provide an overall firing effect, this makes your skin feel like a baby’s. Whenever I run out of this product, I see a dramatic difference in my skin within 1-2 days.
11. Mason Pearson Brush – The #1 lifetime hair investment I would recommend to anyone. Just read the reviews. I’ve never had such silky hair with just 1-5 run throughs. Love the pocket version under $70 as well.
12. Mason Pearson Rake Comb – I started using this comb to prevent breakage when detangling wet hair and it works wonders. It’s great for giving dry, styled hair a bit of bounce, too.
13. Alterna Kendi Oil – A few drops of this turn unmanageable, frizzy hair into smooth, just out of the salon locks. I use on both dry and wet hair, but love it to smooth down my ends and flyaways after curling with my GHD.
14. Oribe Supershine Light – I only added this in December last year, but it made the list. Detangles, moisturizes, and gives me shiny, salon-quality looking hair when I blow dry or heat style. A little goes a long way, but be sure to buy the ‘light’ version.
15. Oribe Brilliance & Shine Conditioner – No other conditioner has compared when it comes to detangling and moisturizing my thick, wavy hair. It makes it shiny from root to tip but not at all oily.