1 (on sale in black here)/ 2 (similar, under $70) / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 (also in pocket size)
Can you believe it’s 2019? With the new year upon us, I thought it’d be fun to share my favorite and most-used items from 2018. Last year, I started to take a less is more approach to our home, my closet, our kitchen, and other areas of life. I parted with more things than I can list and am better for it. For those interested, I’m still selling quite a bit of new and lightly used clothing on Poshmark!
As part of the sifting process, I decided to keep only the things I really treasure. Below you’ll find a list of items that not only made the cut but are an essential part of my routine. Many of these items are used daily and have made a significant impact on my health, skin, time management, and business.
- HydroFlask Water Bottle (on sale in some colors here)– I loved Essentia bottled water but decided to eliminate the expense late last year and purchased a 32 ounce HydroFlask. Now that I have a water bottle on hand at all times, I sip whenever I’m bored, feeling hungry, or genuinely thirsty. I probably drink 3 of these a day now. My skin is clearer and I feel better in general. They’re also a great travel accessory. I take my empty flask through security and fill it up in the terminal prior to boarding.
- Cuyana Zipper Tote – For work, this is my go-to bag. It fits my 15″ laptop, wallet, phone, snack and lunch, and more. I love the gold zipper and the pebbled leather texture. It has just enough shape to hold its own when set down on a surface but also feels lightweight and soft when being carried. I found a similar tote under $70 here.
- GHD Curler – I own the T3 curler and the GHD, but the GHD is my daily go-to. The barrel size is ideal for creating soft, textured waves. They’re smooth but not so glossy that they fall out too quickly. I highly recommend this curler over others on the market.
- Athleta 7/8 Elation Leggings – I prefer a lightweight, thin training pant for all my workout activities (walking, running, weight training, pilates) because I prefer to have less fabric on me while I’m sweating and moving. During my closet clean-out earlier this year, I sold most of my other name-brand leggings and now only wear my elations.
- Apple Watch – This watch is great for keeping me accountable about how hard I’m actually working during my workouts and how much movement I’m getting throughout the day. I primarily use it to track my steps and activity (I try to get 10,000-14,000 steps a day), but the weather, clock, and calendar apps are nice for keeping me on top of things on the go.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and 50mm Lens – This camera is my favorite blog-related purchase of last year. We needed an upgrade from the antiquated Canon we’d been using, and I really felt that this camera could finally help me realize the dreams I had of the quality and style of photographs I would share with you on the blog. I’m very excited to keep growing as we shoot more and more this year!
- Unite Leave-In Conditioner – My fine but voluminous, wavy, easily tangled hair would not be manageable without this spray. It makes my hair feel smooth, moisturized, soft but doesn’t weigh it down or make it greasy. I spray 4-6 times on wet hair and distribute with this rake comb.
- Zo Skin Health Line – After battling acne and scaring throughout my teens and early twenties, I can honestly say that there is nothing as confidence-boosting as clear, healthy skin. Zo takes a clinical approach that heals your skin and then makes it glow. My sister says my skin has “never looked better in [my] life,” and it’s because of these products. You can read more about the exact Zo products I use, morning and night, here.
- Keurig – This was an unexpected favorite, but we switched from our traditional coffee pot to this single-cup Keurig last spring and haven’t looked back. Since I only drink one cup a day, it eliminates the waste from brewing a full pot of coffee, requires no clean up, and creates great-tasting brew. My favorite pods are the decaf Krispy Kreme and the decaf Donut Blend.
- Mason Pearson Brush – After reading about Mason Pearson brushes for several years, I finally invested in my own. It’s difficult to explain the effect this brush has on your hair other than to say it makes it feel like silk. The bristles feel like a mini-massage on your scalp. It’s also excellent for styling second- or third-day hair, if you’re trying to go longer between washes. If you’re unsure about the investment, consider trying the pocket size for less.