Maybe it was the excitement over a new year, but it seemed like January was over in the blink of an eye. Last month, I tried to focus on my goals – especially those I was timid about. That meant stepping out of my comfort zone, celebrating small wins, and making decisions that will move me forward. Read on for more about the month, my 5 best buys, and what’s to come in February on the blog!
These are the things I’ll always remember when I look back on January.
- We nearly lost our golden retriever, Huck. I shared more of the story on Instagram, but the highlight here is our friendly neighbors and the NextDoor app that made finding him possible.
- I spent more time with girlfriends, which is harder to do with varying schedules, etc. It’s one of my goals this year to have more recreational time, so it was a successful start to the year in this area!
- I saw my aesthetician for the first time in 2019. I love getting an appointment with her from time to time to keep my skin in check and ask her questions about all my skincare curiosities.
- I attended a baby shower for my cousin. We grew up together like sisters. I still can’t believe I’m at the age where my peers are starting and expanding their families.
- Pushed our Europe trip back to May. The second (and last!) time we’ve pushed this trip back, I’m so thankful we did as our February is already busy with travel, and we’ll go for a month instead of two weeks. I can’t wait!
5 Best Buys
My favorite purchases & most-used items from the month.
An order from last year that finally arrived! Perfect for our weekly hydrangeas in the kitchen. It is beautiful, sturdy, and looks authentically vintage.
I started my second tube and am loving the results. See my full review of the product, with before and after photos, here.
I discovered this in an airport and recently found it at Whole Foods. Pink salt, crunchy, coconut oil. Yes and yes!
My second pair, these slides are my #1 choice for to and from the gym, pedicures, around the house, errands, and casual outings.
On the Blog
Readers’ Favorite / Hair Growth Tips & Tricks: 7 Rules I Follow for Long, Healthy Hair
My Favorite / This Neutral Sweater is a New Favorite
Don’t Miss / The Brow Growth Serum that Actually Works
February Sneak Peek…
This month on the blog, I’ll be sharing Valentine’s Day outfit and gift inspiration, a trip to California, sale finds, ideas for transitional spring outfits, and more!
We’ll be heading back to Menlo Park, California, where we used to live, and hope to make time to visit some of our favorite spots throughout the weekend. Be sure to follow along with my adventures on Instagram. David also has a birthday this month, and we’ll continue working on our home’s interior as well as the exterior, planting a few things in preparation for the growing season.