Naturally, December flew by. The spike in activities, social outings, shopping (gifts!), and travel had my head a little scattered. However, it was also a joyous month as we spent time with family, celebrated the holiday, and rung in a new year. I think the combination of “joyous” and “scattered” probably represents your average December! Below you’ll see my highlights, loves and passes, 5 best buys of December, and a sneak peek into what’s to come on the blog this month.
These are the things I’ll always remember when I look back on December.
- We went to Montana for Christmas. David has 3 brothers and it’s rare that they’re all together, so it’s always sweet to see them reunited. We also got quality time with nieces/nephew, which was a highlight!
- I started physical therapy for my hamstring. It’s been bothering me for about a year now. Wow, I cannot even put a price on the value of this investment. The pain is night and day after one month of treatment.
- I said no to quite a few things. Perhaps an odd highlight to have, but it was really necessary for me in the busy month of December. There’s freedom in saying no with kindness after thoughtful consideration about your answer.
- We got social. With Christmas festivities from parties to happy hours, it was such a fun time to embrace our community and loved ones.
- We visited with my family. We had down time in Raleigh after Montana, and my sister and her husband were in town. Having my brother, sister, Mom, & Dad in one place feels like home.
Loves, Likes, & Passes
Sharing things I ate, purchased, or did – and whether I’d recommend them.
- Raw Revolution Glo Bars / Like / I like these for a quick snack or breakfast. They’re a little small, but they pack a punch in fiber to keep you full for a while and taste great.
- Truffle Travel Case / Love / This zipper pouch is a lifesaver on flights when you need to find something (think moisturizer, headphones, a snack) quickly and easily.
- Venus Travel Razor / Love / One piece of my effort to consolidate toiletries while traveling. This tiny razor works just as well as the normal sized ones and is surprisingly easy to grip.
- UGG Throw / Love / This was a Christmas gift for David that I migggght have ordered for me to enjoy, too. It’s so, so soft, under $100, and the neutral color works in any room.
- Leather Coasters / Love / Again, I ordered these for David and they’re more beautiful in person. We monogrammed with ‘Y’ and they look perfect in his “man room.”
- Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay / Love / I love Jo Malone & received this scent as a gift from my mother-in-law. It’s perfect for the transition from winter to spring.
- Dr. Bronner’s in Lavender / Love / We’ve used Dr. Bronner for years but recently ventured out from our traditional Peppermint scent. The lavender is calming & is making me want spring!
- Bumble & Bumble Don’t Blow It! Cream / Pass / I read so many reviews raving that this cream creates the perfect air-dryed look, but it honestly did nothing for my hair. A definite pass from me but it might work on someone with less hair and/or hair that’s naturally straighter.
- Self-Service Dog Washing / Love / Why hadn’t we done this before?! We have a local pet store that charges $15 to rent a stall to wash your dog, so that you avoid a mess in your bathroom, etc. It’s basically like the car wash but for your pup!
December Best Buys
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
My favorite purchases & most-used items from the month.
- Sezane Parka / This Sezane Parka is sold out, but I found a similar here and here.
- Adidas Favorite Tote Bag / Roomy enough for my wallet, workout accessories, a change of clothes, toiletries, my laptop, and lunch.
- Oribe Supershine Light Moisturizing Creme / This leave-in made my top beauty products of 2018. It gives you a soft, frizz-free air dry yet compliments heat styling.
- Third Love Bras / Third Love has been my go-to bra brand. Their t-shirt bra is what I wear every day, and I like their classic strapless as well.
- Truffle Clarity Case / Made storing cosmetics, liquids, chargers, etc. much easier on flights. I love the high quality leather and beautiful gold zipper.
On the Blog
What you loved most, what I loved sharing, and a recap of the month’s posts.
Your Favorite Post / Holiday Gift Guide: For Him (Hint: Any of these would be great gifts for Valentine’s Day!)
The Post I Loved Sharing / Holiday Gift Guide: For the Jetsetter
Don’t Miss / A Look Back at November
January Sneak Peek…
This month on the blog, you can expect a variety of posts from home inspiration to style, skincare, and self-care. With no travel in January and a busy February ahead, I’m excited to nest, focus on work, and get back into a healthy rhythm in our kitchen, and in our relationships and life at large as we start to act on all those dreams and resolutions we made for 2019.
I love receiving your feedback and thoughts on Instagram and through my contact form. Please continue to send them my way and let me know what you’re loving and what you’d like to see more of. Happy January!