Happy Friday! This week was a little different for me as a spent a few days under the weather—but I’m on the mend and feeling excited for the weekend. I hope you are, too! Below, a few favorite summer purchases I’ve made recently, some summer fashion FAQs, finds under $100, and more you might’ve missed this week.
Weekend notes is a weekly series where I round up recent blog posts, outfits, and FAQs. If you have a question or request, leave a comment or send me a DM on Instagram.
Click the images to shop products directly.
1. Summer jeans that aren’t too hot? Something light in color or cropped?
I just got this pair of Levi’s ($98) in the color ‘Ruxor RA/Ruxor Rain’ and am so happy with them. They fit true to size for me and hit just right for sandals, heels, and sneakers. If you don’t like rigid cotton jeans, I recommend this pair by Mother.
2. Favorite inexpensive sandals? I don’t want to spend on a designer pair.
These are an amazing Hermes sandal dupe under $100. They have a teeny lift at the heel that makes them look much more expensive. I have a wide foot and got my normal size—they were a little tight at first, but with wear they stretch a tad and fit perfectly.
3. Can you share the detangler and comb you use to prevent damage? I saw it on your stories but not a link.
I use the Unite 7-Second Detangler during summer with this wide-tooth comb or a wet brush. It’s by far my favorite leave-in spray for summer because it eliminates frizz without adding any grease/weight!
4. Outfit recommendations for a spring/summer wedding? We have a few coming up in July and September.
5. Did you ever decide on an everyday work bag/tote?
Yes! I wound up getting this YSL tote after lots of research. It’s my first designer bag, and I love it so far. The branding is subtle, it fits everything I need for weekdays (laptop, notebook, phone, keys, wallet, little pouch of makeup and knick-knacks). I plan to do a full review on it in 4-12 months. If you like the style but aren’t ready to splurge, here’s a similar tote under $250.
6. Ways to brighten up the house for summer? Your space always looks so light and welcoming!
Truthfully, I think part of it is that our main floor just gets so much light! Beyond that, adding in fresh flowers, bright coffee table books, and summer pillows (like this, this, or this) can do wonders. And never underestimate the power of a great candle!
- This week’s top 5 reader favorites.
- Finds under $100 for summer.
- Crushing on this jumpsuit—similar for less here and here!
- My updated summer capsule wardrobe with outfit ideas.
- My favorite French line did a summer collection & this blouse is a keeper.
- Bought this $78 Free People set and it is SO cute on.
- Two ways to style white tie-waist pants.
- The water bottle I use to stay hydrated all summer.
- Loving this beauty account for swatches and recs.
- 15 dressy jumpsuits for spring and summer.