Handbags are one of my favorite accessories. When autumn rolls around, I get especially excited for fall handbags because that usually means some of my go-to colors—camel, burgundy, evergreen, and tan—are involved. I browse fall bag trends occasionally during fashion week, but I prefer timeless styles over one-and-done handbag trends from fall runways, especially when I’m considering an investment piece.
Below I share a selection of the best handbags for fall 2020 at a variety of price points. You’ll find everything from under $200 styles to designer crossbody, tote, top handle, bucket, and shoulder bags from Celine Paris, Gucci, Chanel, Chloé, and more. Also, don’t miss my tips for finding designer handbags for less at the bottom of the post!
Appropriately named the mini lady, this ladylike leather bag from Mansur Gavriel is my most recent new bag. I bought the deep green color for fall and was ready to wear it the second it arrived. I also like this croc top-handle, and this Tory Burch satchel has been on my wish list forever.
One of the first Pinterest boards I ever created has this Mulberry leather satchel on it. These bags have such a timeless look that reminds me of Burberry but with more European vibes. I especially love how this style looks with equestrian pieces, like quilted jackets and riding boots.
Fall tends to be the season we travel the most due to the holidays and our anniversary, so I like to have a large carryall tote for flights that can tote my laptop and other essentials. Cuyana makes incredible quality bags in a mid-tier price range, and I love the seasonal color and structure of this one.
Bucket bags have been called a fashion trend, but I think they’re here to stay. I personally love this style when you don’t have too much to carry. They tend to be more structured than a hobo and are deceivingly spacious. My favorites are from Mansur Gavriel, but I like this new Madewell style under $200.
Where to Find Designer Fall Handbags for Less
Pre-loved designer handbags are a great way to get these expensive fall closet staples for less, but it can be difficult to find trusted sources for used bags on your own. Below, I share a list of places I personally trust enough to purchase a used handbag from:
- MyTheresa—They carry a great selection of YSL, A.P.C, Jil Sander, Ulla Johnson, Dries Van Noten, and Bottega Veneta.
- EBay—eBay’s authenticated program backs designer bags 100%. Amazing selection of quilted Chanel crossbody bags and Tory Burch tote bags.
- What Goes Around Comes Around— This is a luxury vintage store based in New York City but they also have a digital storefront. They carry a lot of Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Christian Dior and have some really fun, unique finds! Shopbop also carries some of their products, and you can get free shipping if you’re an Amazon Prime member.
- Julia Rose Boston on Instagram—This Boston-based account is kind of addicting. They reveal pre-loved designer bags, scarves, accessories, and shoes on their Instagram stories daily. I like the discovery aspect of this shop. Buying is easy because you simply DM her “sold” if you see something you love.
- TheRealReal—Like eBay, TheRealReal only sells authenticated designer handbags. They sell pre-owned and new styles. TheRealReal has a huge selection including Dior, Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Prada, JW Anderson, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Miu Miu, and Givenchy.
What’s your favorite of the fall handbags 2020? Let me know in the comments below or Instagram.