One of the easiest, most life-giving pieces in summer is a long flowy dress. When you’re not sure what to wear, a lightweight maxi or midi dress with a bit of movement can shift the tone of the day.
It’s no secret that I love dresses, and I couldn’t let the season come to a close without sharing the best flowy long dresses for summer.
Long Flowy Dresses for Summer
Whether you’re looking for a casual sundress to slip on with sneakers, a v-neck beach dress as a cover up, or an elevated chiffon maxi, here’s my edit of long flowy dresses for summer. You’ll see sleeveless and short sleeve styles as well as long sleeve dresses for the change of seasons.
Whether you need something with sleeves for a chilly summer night, love moody colors like I do, or want a palette that transitions into fall, this smocked dress under $200 fits the bill. Wear it with sandals now and boots when the weather cools.
One-shoulder looks are my favorite take on the asymmetrical trend as they draw the eye to the neck in a subtle way. This Rhode dress does just that, with one puff sleeve and a loose fitting skirt. I have this dress and often wear it with this Sezane belt. It’s available as a halter here.
This floral print maxi dress by Agua Bendita caught my eye for its unique silhouette, which includes dramatic billowy sleeves contrasted by a fitted bodice. It would be beautiful at a late summer beach wedding, or treat yourself to this floral print investment piece for a birthday or anniversary.
Flowy Summer Dresses
PS—If you’re looking for more summer dresses, check out my edits of cute mini dresses, summer dresses under $200, and red, white, and blue dresses.
Outfit Details: Rhode Open Back Dress (similar, less expensive here), Sandals
How to Style a Flowy Dress
One of the main reasons I love dresses is that they’re effortless. When you’re not up for the challenge of styling separates, there’s no easier option to feel polished than a dress.
My favorite way to wear a dress is with simple sandals, but there are endless options. Here are a few more ways to style a flowy long dress:
- With a Belt: Many flowy dresses have a bohemian feel, but adding a belt can define your waist and incorporate texture.
- With Colorful Accessories: Crisp white dresses look polished on their own, but for a pop, add colorful accessories. For example, a statement necklace with an off-the-shoulder dress or bright shoes with a color-blocked midi dress.
- With Coordinating Accessories: I love bringing the color palette of a dress full circle with coordinating accessories, like blue sandals and a blue bag with a blue striped maxi.
- With Textured Accessories: Seasonal textures like raffia, straw, and rattan look amazing with dresses, and they’re available in everything from jewelry to summer bags, shoes, and hair accessories.
- With a Summer Hat: For ultra-hot days when you’re not up for doing your hair, pair a summer hat with a long dress.
I love curating content for you and hope you enjoyed this roundup of the best long flowy dresses for summer! Check back as I’ll update this post when new collections drop at the beginning of the warm seasons.