Brown has always been one of my favorite colors to wear, especially in the cooler months. When I’m refreshing my wardrobe for fall and winter, hues like terracotta, walnut, caramel, and chocolate are some of the first to catch my attention. I’ve traditionally played it safe with brown by paring it back to neutrals for an understated look, but this year, I can’t get enough of brown and teal outfits.
Brown and Teal Outfit
For my teal and brown look above, I styled a Ulla Johnson blouse with straight leg jeans and brown accessories to tie the look together. I found my top at Nordstrom Rack, which has been a go-to destination of mine for getting last season’s favorites at a discount for as long as I can remember.
The jeans are a splurge, but I’m telling you, but if you’re nervous about the straight leg jean trend and want a pair will flatter your figure, these are worth it. Their caramel color is trending for fall 2022 and they dress up and down with ease. David told me the jeans reminded him of Monica from friends—I gladly took that as a compliment!
Shop Teal and Brown Pieces
Worn together, brown and teal are a color combo that’s eye catching and perfectly seasonal. See below for my picks for the best pieces in this palette to wear now and into the cooler months ahead.
One of the best ways to start sprinkling in color is by way of accessories that you can wear year-round. For fall, a teal silk scarf adds a pop against brown separates. Wear it in your hair, on your bag, or around your neck like I did here. I also love this similar option under $15 if you’re not quite ready to go all in on teal.
How to Wear Brown and Teal: Outfit Ideas
If you haven’t considered the brown and teal color combination before, let me convince you! Here are a few brown and teal outfit ideas for a variety of settings:
- Weekend: Put a casual spin on a long sleeve blouse with sandals and denim.
- Dinner with Friends: Transition a brown linen midi dress to fall with knee-high boots and earrings.
- Night Out: Reach for brown leather pants, a dressy top, and heels.
- Date Night: A statement top shines with jeans and teal earrings.
- Event: For the holidays, pair a skirt and sweater with a teal scarf for a pop.
- Office: Try teal satin pants with a sleeveless shell and suede pumps.
- Work from Home: Pair a maxi dress under $100 with suede flats and a cozy cardigan.