There’s something magical about summer. The older I become, the more I long for “old fashioned summers” like the kind I enjoyed as a child. I miss those days when all I had to do was sleep in, live in the pool, survive on popsicles, chase fireflies, and read books under the covers by flashlight.
As adults, we have responsibilities that don’t give us the summer off, so choosing spaciousness is the key to having a restful, slow summer. I’m determined not to let this season lose it’s allure! Here’s my summer to do list and a few of the items I’ll need to help check it off.
My Summer To Do List
1. Pack this backpack for a wine and cheese picnic
2. Grab fresh blueberries and summer squash at the Farmer’s Market
3. Fill my bedside French pitcher with hydrangeas from the yard
4. Ride our bikes to dinner and cocktails
5. Make s’mores with our copper firepit
6. Have a North Carolina beach week and make nice cream
7. Watch an outdoor movie at the Museum of Art
8. Prank call someone we know for fun
9. Swap our heavy bedding for fresh white linen sheets & a linen duvet
10. Read a book on our new porch swing
11. Light my favorite seasonal candle and have dinner outdoors
12. Sip wine and watch the sunset
13. Let my hair dry naturally more often (it’s curly!) with this spray
13. Fancy up my daily water with mint, lemon, and cucumber
15. Catch fireflies at dusk
What’s on your summer to do list this year? Let me know in the comments how you plan to make the season memorable.
3 thoughts on “My Summer To Do List”
I love, love, love this!!
Awh, thank you Brook! So glad you’re stopping by to read! xo