One of the style rules I enthusiastically break is wearing white after Labor Day, especially winter white jeans. White denim looks good on everyone (I think an all-white look is the epitome of chic), but I’ll admit that it can be challenging to style them for cold weather.
The secret to nailing a winter white jeans look is all in the textures and colors they’re paired with. If you want to break out your favorite pair of white jeans but aren’t sure how to wear them, try one of the 8 winter white jeans outfits below.
8 Winter White Jeans Outfits
1. In an All-White Outfit
One of my favorite ways to style white jeans is in a head-to-toe white outfit. You can easily dress this look up or down with pumps or sneakers. If it’s really cold out, make the combo warmer with a neutral coat in taupe, camel, beige, or ivory.
2. With a Neutral Coat and Sneakers
If wearing bright white jeans in winter tends to wash you out or makes you feel uncomfortable, try pairing them with neutral tones. Even with a crisp white sweater, my beige faux fur jacket tones the brightness down. Sneakers make this look even more casual for a winter day out.
3. With Taupe and Cream Layers
Pair white jeans with colors in the same family—taupe, cream, ivory, and ecru—if you want to make a statement. It takes finessing to get the colors right (not surprising given that so many shades of white exist!). My tip: keep all the colors warm (undertones of orange/yellow) or cool (undertones of blue/gray).
4. With a Black Top and Black Booties
If you’re having trouble creating a cohesive winter white outfit, try keeping two out of three elements in your look are the same color. In this outfit, my black turtleneck sweater and shoes create visual continuity in the, even with the pop of color in the coat.
5. With Winter Blues
If it’s the dead of winter and you’re feeling uninspired, pair your white denim with a little bit of color for a mood booster. Start with a monochromatic base, then add a blue wool coat or cardigan. To keep this casual, swap the coat for a blue chunky knit and the pumps for suede ankle boots.
6. With Blacks and Grays
Styling white jeans in the evening can feel tricky since most of us look to dark blue jeans and black denim for a night out—but it’s possible. Pull in dressy vibes with your shoes, top, and outerwear. White skinny jeans look chic with stiletto booties, a chic fitted blouse or cashmere sweater, and a dressy coat.
7. With a Pop of Pattern
Mixing patterns with white is a really fun way to add a pop! To pull it off, I choose a subtle print and tonal base layers. Here’s a simple formula to make it easy: plaid blazer coat, white sweater, white jeans, and booties that coordinate with a secondary color in the print.
8. With Beiges or Browns
White jeans and a camel coat feels like a match made in heaven, but think beyond the wool coat to give yourself more options in the colder months. A taupe leather jacket, chocolate brown shearling coat, or neutral coatigan add just enough contrast. This same concept works with gray outerwear—just be sure to coordinate your shoes to round out the look!
How to Wear White Jeans in Winter: 5 Tips
- Consider the Style: Having one pair of white skinny jeans, one pair of white slim or straight leg jeans, and one pair of white pants is ideal. However, if you’re just starting out with winter whites, white skinny jeans will take you the furthest as they pair with just about every winter shoe.
- Keep It Neutral: Black and white, black and tan, and black and gray are classics for a reason! When in doubt, the easiest way to create a winter white jeans look is to stay neutral.
- Play with Textures: If you’ve nailed the colors in your white jeans outfit but it feels a little ‘blah,’ try adding texture! There are endless options in winter: faux fur, shearling, snakeskin, and chunky knits, to name a few.
- Transition Into Spring: Any of the looks above can be worn transitionally. Just swap the winter outerwear for any lightweight spring layer, like a denim jacket or trench coat.
- Accessorize: Simple gold jewelry looks amazing with winter white, and accessories that coordinate with your outerwear, top, or shoes will elevate the outfit.
Best Winter White Jeans
Some of my favorite brands for denim year-round are AG, FRAME, Madewell, and Everlane, but when it comes to where to buy winter white jeans, all bets are off. With white jeans, the main question becomes whether or not they’re see through, and then we move on to fit, quality, and price.
To save you the hassle of ordering a pair of white jeans that look great online but are thin as paper when they arrive, here’s a breakdown of the white jeans I own and can personally vouch for:
- Ann Taylor Sculpting Pocket High Rise Boot Crop Jeans in Ecru: These are my favorite affordable off-white jeans as the fit is incredibly comfortable! My exact boot crop style is currently sold out, but I’m linking them anyway in case they bring they back. I recommend any ecru jeans from Ann Taylor—the color is perfect if you want a warm, creamy white and their jean materials feel amazing on!
- RE/DONE 70s Stovepipe Jeans in Vintage White: These are the perfect seguway into straight leg styles if you’re not into the overly baggy look. The inseam is just long enough for these to look great with flats and booties of varying shaft heights (I’m 5’9″). They fit true to size.
- Levi’s Ribcage High-Waist Straight Jeans: These are both my most comfortable and affordable pair of white jeans. I prefer a zip fly (which these have). They fit similar to the RE/DONE Stovepipe but have a slightly wider leg opening.
- Paige Hoxton High-Rise Ankle Skinny Jeans: These are a true crisp white skinny jean. They have a bit of elastane for stretch. In my true size they are comfortable and snug (in a good way).
- Rachel Comey Legion Pants: The retail price on these is very high, but I found mine on Poshmark for over 50% off. They are hands down the white jeans I get asked about the most often. The wide leg is fun and looks great with heels! If you’re between sizes, size up.
- Paige Melila Vegan Leather Pant: White pants dress up and down so easily, and I love this paperbag pair by Paige. The hidden snap closure has a tendency to pop open, so I had my tailor replace it with a clasp. Here’s a roundup of leather pants outfit inspiration if you need ideas for styling them!
Below is an edit of the denim I own and a few more pairs I have my eye on. You can click on any item in the collage for more details or to shop!
So, Can You Wear White Jeans in Winter?
Yes, you can absolutely wear white jeans in the winter! White jeans and pants shouldn’t be contained to one season. Winter is the perfect time to dress them up, dress them down, and get extra mileage out of pieces you usually reach for in warmer weather!
I’d love to know if you try any of the winter white outfits in the comments! And feel free to send me a DM on Instagram if you have a question about sizing, fit, or styling.