No matter how my style evolves over the years, I’ll always be a sucker for the white blouse. These are a warm-weather mainstay: they’re feminine, airy, add a clean pop to any outfit, and can be styled with everything from your favorite pair of jeans to a dressy skirt.
Today, I’m spotlighting this spring/summer wardrobe staple! See below for 10 of the best white blouses I’ve found this year and white blouse outfits to get more wear out of yours.
How To Style a White Blouse
How to Wear a White Blouse Casually
The easiest, no fuss way to wear a white blouse is with jeans. It’s the effortless option as most white blouses go well with shorts and full-length denim in any wash. Just add a sandals and you’re ready to head out.
A few more casual white blouse outfits to try:
- With Boyfriend Jeans: I love the contrast of a girly white blouse with loose-fit denim. It’s a feminine spin on a summer weekend outfit that still feels relaxed.
- With Cutoffs: A similar casual look to the above for really hot days. AGOLDE makes my favorite cutoffs.
- With White Jeans: I love white on white combos in the summer. Try a white sleeveless blouse with white jeans, white sandals, and a straw/raffia handbag for added texture.
How to Dress Up a White Blouse
Styling a white blouse for work and dressier occasions can be tricky. Oftentimes you’re dealing with puff sleeves, lace, or buttons, which can render them too casual or difficult to layer. But it can be done!
A few dressy white blouse outfits to try:
- For Date Night: Let the white top take center stage with dark separates, like dark black jeans or tailored black pants. Finish with a pump and a blazer (if the sleeves allow).
- With A Skirt: Wear a cropped blouse over a satin or pleated midi skirt or pencil skirt. Accessorize with heels and feminine touches, like a headband.
- For an Event: Pair with white wide-leg pants, a thin leather belt, a clutch, and a bright heeled sandal as seen here.
- Business Casual: Tuck a long sleeve lace white blouse into dress pants, then finish this work outfit with slingbacks and an office-friendly tote bag.
A few favorites from this season! I did my best to include a variety of styles from long sleeve to peasant, off the shoulder, and sleeveless.
This poplin blouse is the type I find myself reaching for all spring and summer to wear with denim or textured shorts. The short sleeves are perfect for warm afternoons yet can be layered in the evenings. Dress it up for date night with a feminine midi skirt, statement earrings, and heeled slides!
Where to Buy Nice White Blouses
Even though a button down shirt can technically fall into the white blouse category, I think it’s necessary to have both a classic white button down and a flirty, soft, feminine white blouse in your warm weather wardrobe.
Classic white blouses often have feminine details like ruffles, puff sleeves, lace, eyelets, and embroidery. For these, I look to brands that specialize in romantic and boho styles.
You can find budget-friendly white blouses with Zara, Mango, H&M, Free People, Madewell, Endless Rose, ASTR the Label, and English Factory.
For investment tops, check out Rebecca Taylor, Cleobella, LoveShackFancy, Ulla Johnson, BA&SH, and Zimmermann.
White Blouse Care
How to Keep Your White Blouses White
The best way I’ve found to keep my white blouses white is to wash them in small loads (usually in mesh bags and less than 5 pieces per load) on hot with a light or medium spin (especially for blouses with lace, eyelets, or intricate stitching).
I lay flat to dry on a this rack.
Removing Stains from a White Blouse
If there’s a stain on a white blouse (ink, makeup, yellowing from perspiration), try working on it as soon as possible to prevent it from setting in.
I soak in a non-chlorine bleach, like Oxiclean, for 15-30 minutes before washing, then I wash on the hottest temperature recommended on the care label using the light/medium spin setting I mentioned above, then lay flat to dry.
What to Wear Underneath a Sheer White Blouse
I recommend avoiding both white and black undergarments underneath a sheer white blouse—white is just as visible as black.
Pale pink and beige (or a color close to your skin tone) typically hides better under clothing. ThirdLove is my go-to bra brand and they have a large selection of colors.
I also like these skin-colored nipple covers for one shoulder, open back, and sleeveless white blouse outfits.