I’ve been trying my hand at the world of color this spring after personal events sparked a craving for more brightness and lightness, especially in my wardrobe. Lately my departure from neutrals has expanded into the world of pattern, and one style I’ve been particularly drawn to is the block print dress.
Block print dresses usually combine floral prints and cotton fabrication, making them perfect for hot summer days when you want a romantic look that’s also breathable. Indian hand block printing is one of the earliest forms of textile printing. The method involves hand stamping with a wooden block, which gives me even more appreciation for the artistry of the style.
I picked up this floral block print maxi dress by Meadows, which has tie shoulders, ruffle trim, and pockets that add to the feminine feel of the pink and green print. I draped a coordinating sweater over my shoulders to style it for evening, but you could wear it as day dress with a straw hat and slide sandals.
See below for 18 block print dress styles to wear on any spring or summer day, on vacation, or when you want a romantic feel at home!
Block Print Dresses
- Meadows Cotton Dress
- Sleeper Linen Day Dress
- Madewell V-Neck Midi Dress
- LAUDE the Label Sleeveless Mini Dress
- J.Crew Cream Block Print Dress
- Charina Sarte Long Sleeve Dress
- Thierry Colson Scoop Neck Dress
- Juliet Dunn Tie-Shoulder Sundress
- Juliet Dunn Ruffle Sleeve Mini Dress
- Emerson Fry Button Front Dress
- J.Crew Block Print Cotton Dress
- Ophelia & Indigo Ruffle Sleeve Midi Dress
- Pink City Prints V-Neck Dress
- MILLE Cobalt Print Dress
- The Avenue Ruffle Hem Dress
- MILLE A-Line Mini Dress
- Cleobella Tiered Purple Mini Dress
- Emerson Fry Pink Block Print Dress