Over the holiday break we found ourselves in New York City for a few extra days due to weather delays. The big apple might just be the best place to be “stuck” during Christmas because you’re surrounded by entertainment, great food, and shopping!
We popped down to Soho after lunch one afternoon, and David bought me a few pieces from one of my favorite brands, A.L.C., as a Christmas gift.
As the story goes, I went in looking for a winter night out top and left with a bit more. Today I’m sharing the leather midi skirt I picked up during our visit, a few ways to style it, and 12 more chic leather and faux leather skirts for the season.
My Leather Midi Skirt Outfit
The black halter top I’m wearing was the piece I originally went in store for, but the A.L.C. employee brought a few options to style it with back to the dressing room when I was ready to try on. We had some hits and misses, but this vegan leather skirt immediately caught my attention! The leather feels incredibly luxe and soft, the front and back slits make it more comfortable than a traditional leather midi skirt, and the back pockets, stitching, and cargo-made-sophisticated feel are unique!
During this trip I also learned that A.L.C. sizing is all over the place. I took a zero in the skirt and am usually a size 4. I have a small waist and wear it high-waisted, so I think that’s the reason for the 2-3 step sizing down.
How to Style a Leather Midi Skirt
If you’re in the market for a leather midi skirt for the season, I can’t recommend this one enough. It can be worn casually, to the office, or for a night out. Below I’m highlighting a few ways to wear it (or any other leather midi-length skirt in your wardrobe):
- With white sneakers and a white cashmere sweater for weekday.
- With loafers, a silky button down, and a blazer for a workwear setting.
- With tall suede boots and a coordinating sweater for the a night out.
- With a black turtleneck bodysuit and black leather booties for a dressy event.
- With strappy black heels, an evening blouse or going out top, and a long black coat for date night.
- With a blank tank top and black flat sandals in spring or late summer.
- With a soft chambray button down and white heels or sandals in spring.
Leather & Faux Leather Midi Skirts
Shop the Post
If you’re looking for more style inspiration for the leather pieces in your wardrobe, see the leather mini skirt outfit in this roundup of cold weather style ideas and my post on how to style leather pants.