Like many of you, I look forward to the much-anticipated Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It’s the best sale I know of for deals on brand new fall pieces like boots, sweaters, and bags before the season even begins. It’s also an incredible time to score on year-round staples, like denim, designer handbags, beauty tools, and more.
In this Nordstrom Anniversary 2020 Sale Guide, I’m bringing you an overview of everything you need to know to shop the sale. Click below to jump to a section of the post:
- What the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is
- When the sale is: starts and end dates
- How to shop the sale early
- How to get a sneak peek of what’s included in the sale
- Shopping tips & sale FAQs
My 2020 Sale Blog Posts:
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is one of a kind because, unlike most sales that happen at the end of a season, this one happens at the beginning.
This means that lovers of fall like myself can enjoy great prices on women’s clothing staples like loafers, sweaters, cardigans, denim, blazers, suede bags, leggings, and more!
The sale always includes new arrivals from top clothing brands, like Vince, Tory Burch, Rag & Bone, Ugg, Adidas, North Face, Veja, Patagonia, Topshop, the North Face, Nike, and Madewell, and top brands for beauty, like La Mer, Charlotte Tilbury, Kiehls, and Jo Malone. Check out my top picks from the 2020 sale by category in this post.
When is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The sale usually takes place in mid-July, but it will begin in August this year. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020 starts Wednesday, August 19 and ends on Sunday, August 30 at 11:59pm.
Keep in mind that Nordstrom credit card holders can shop earlier through Early Access. Cardmembers can shop as early as Thursday, August 4, depending on the Nordy Club status they hold.
New this year, anyone can get a sneak peek at what will be included in the sale through the online preview on Nordstrom.com beginning Friday, July 24. See my top picks from the preview by category in this blog post!
When is Nordstrom Anniversary Sale early access 2020?
If you’re a member of the Nordstrom Nordy Club, the date you can begin shopping begins on your Nordy Club status. Only Nordy Club cardmembers (Visa credit or debit) get to shop during the exclusive Early Access period.
Nordstrom Sale Early Access begins Tuesday, August 4 and ends Tuesday, August 18. The higher your Nordy club status, the sooner the sale opens for you. View your Nordy Club status or learn how to become a Nordy Club cardholder here.
How do I become a Nordy Club member and get early access to the sale?
Nordstrom cardmembers automatically receive early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. If you don’t have a card, simply sign up by August 3 (as an added perk, new cardmembers get a $60 bonus note to shop the sale!). Apply for a card here.
Early access dates for Nordy Club members are from August 4 through August 18, before the general public can shop. As a Nordstrom cardholder, the date you can begin shopping during Early Access depends on your club status:
- Icon status members can shop on August 4th beginning at 12:30pm ET
- Ambassador status can shop August 7th
- Influencer status can shop August 10th
- Insider status (all other Nordy Club members) can shop August 13th
- Public access begins August 19th
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Dates 2020:
When does the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020 catalog get released?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020 catalog is live as of July 24th! Instead of a print catalog, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalog is completely accessible on Nordstrom.com.
In this Nordstrom Sale blog post, I share why Nordstrom opted to do the sale preview digitally and share my top picks by category! Be sure to add your favorite sale finds your Nordstrom Wish List so that you can check out quickly when it’s your turn to shop.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale FAQs
What should I buy at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020?
Fall staples (boots, sweaters, coats, and denim) are always the best items from sale, but this year I recommend looking into sale items you’ll be able to enjoy at home in light of the COVID-19 pandemic this fall: skincare, loungewear (Barefoot dreams is the best!), activewear, and home decor. See my top picks by category in this post.
Here’s what I bought from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in 2018 and my top picks from the sale in 2019 for reference.
Here’s an #NSale checklist to save to your phone or pin as a guide:
When does Nordstrom restock the anniversary sale?
Nordstrom does not disclose restock dates for the sale, but I have noticed that a restock typically happens at least once during Early Access, once right after the sale goes live to the general public, and at least once again before the sale ends. Very popular items may not restock at all.
How do I shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? My Tips
- Create Wish Lists using the Nordstrom app or Nordstrom.com. You can get notified of when items on your list are back in stock using the Nordstrom app. To view the Wish List section of your account, click here.
- Preview the Sale beginning July 24 on Nordstrom’s website. I love that they’re doing a digital preview this year because I expect to be able to bookmark items ahead of time so that I’m not overwhelmed on the day the sale begins.
- Review Your Closet/Needs before you begin shopping. It’s easy to get carried away with this sale and purchase more than you need. I recommend making a shortlist of pieces and items in order of priority (i.e. brown bootie, neutral scarf, dyson hair dryer, etc.).
- Remember that Returns are Free, so don’t hesitate on things that are selling out quickly. There was a pair of Vince booties that sold out last year as I was researching sizing; I could have simply ordered two sizes and returned the one that didn’t fit.
- Don’t Forget about Gifts for others. The holidays are less than six months away, and with the COVID-19 crisis, I think it’s going to be one of the sweetest years ever to gift meaningful pieces to loved ones and friends who’ve had a hard journey in 2020.
- Consider Curbside Pickup if you have a Nordstrom store nearby. While Nordstrom’s anniversary sale is fun to shop in person, open stores still offer amazing deals online for pickup, and you won’t have to deal with the risks of exposure or wearing a face mask.
- Shop on Personal Double Points Day if you’re a cardholder. This means you’ll earn double the points towards your next Nordstrom note ($$ off your next purchase).
What time of day does the Nordstrom sale start?
The sale starts online at 9:30am ET / 6:30am PT each day of the sale. You can shop the sale in open Nordstrom stores during normal business hours.
When does the Anniversary Sale end?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale ends on Sunday, August 30 at 11:59pm.
Do I need a promo code to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
No, no code is necessary. Discounts are noted on individual items throughout Nordstrom.com and automatically applied at checkout.
Is Nordstrom Rack part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
No, Nordstrom.com is the only website through which Nordstrom offers steep discounts during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. NordstromRack.com, Trunk Club, and HauteLook are not a part of the sale. These sister stores often run Black Friday deals, so I recommend checking back during the holidays.