It’s hard to believe it, but holiday party season is almost here! Like many of you, we have fewer parties planned but have a handful of smaller get-togethers with friends and family. Since these will be laid back gatherings, I’ve been searching for the perfect casual holiday party outfits to keep me warm and cozy while feeling festive.
Below, I’m sharing the details of this look along and 10 casual holiday party outfit ideas and relaxed party styles to get your wheels turning as you plan for this one-of-a-kind holiday season!
My go-to casual party look this season will probably be similar to what’s pictured—a pretty statement sweater with jeans that can be easily dressed up or down. You could turn this into a day-to-night look by wearing it with casual shoes and swapping out kitten heels and an evening bag.
4 Cozy Sweaters to Wear with Jeans
I picked each of these party-ready sweaters because they’re classic enough for a cocktail party, not so luxe or glam that they’re over the top, and have enough details to stand out at any soiree. If it’s cold where you are, warm up by layering a classic camel coat over top.
Continue reading below for a few variations on classy holiday party outfit combos. These could work for friendsgiving, Christmas at home with the family, or dressing to impress.
10 More Casual Holiday Party Outfits
- Sweater with a Pair of Jeans and Leopard print Heels (as pictured)
- Blazer Dress with OTK Boots (my pick here)
- Festive Top with Skinny Jeans or Culottes (as seen here)
- Long Sleeve Dress with Slides (my pick here)
- Simple Jumpsuit with a Leather Jacket (my pick here)
- Turtleneck Sweater over a Slip Dress (as seen here)
- Sweater, Pencil Skirt or Midi Skirt, and Booties (as seen here)
- Festive Dress with Low Kitten Heels (my pick here)
- Textured Pants with a Sweater and Statement Earrings (my pick here)
- Amazon Sweater Dress with Knee High Boots (as seen here)
What’s your favorite non-dressy Christmas party outfit for this time of year? It seems like many of us are saving the sequins, cut out necklines, high heels, and cocktail dresses/LBDs/velvet dresses for New Year’s Eve and going casual for our holiday party looks this year. I’d love to hear what you’re pulling together for your office holiday party, family get-together, or another festive event you have planned this holiday season.
For similar content, including winter outfit ideas, last-minute gift guides, Black Friday sale alerts, party dresses, and cold weather fashion, make sure you’re following along on Instagram.