This year is becoming one of many fashion “firsts” for me. I recently purchased my first ever white jean jacket, which is surprising given that the denim jacket is perennially trendy and white is the neutral of spring/summer!
Whenever I make a larger purchase like I did with this white jean jacket, I try to take advantage of my initial excitement and use the first few weeks to practice styling it. So today, I’m taking you along with me to share 9 white jean outfit ideas on my drawing board so far!
Maybe you already own a white denim jacket and you’re in a rut with it, or maybe you’re here to see whether it would be a worthwhile purchase for you—I hope this post inspires you either way.
9 White Denim Jacket Outfit Ideas
1. With a Bright Top and White Jeans
Throw a brightly colored or floral top on and bookend the white denim with white jeans.
2. Coordinating White Top and Blue Jeans
Go white on white on top (I love a silky white camisole), then finish the look with your favorite blue denim.
3. White Sneakers, a T-Shirt, and Blue Jeans
For a casual outfit, pair white sneakers with distressed blue-jeans and a cotton tee.
4. Over a Dress at the Office
Wear an elevated blazer-style denim jacket (I share my pick below) over a button-down dress or midi dress for an office-appropriate look.
5. Over a Dress Casually
Layer your white jean jacket over any dress for a casual summer outfit (I personally love it with a sweet mini, but midis and maxis work too).
6. Black Jeans on a Night Out
Even in the summer, black and white are a match made in heaven, especially for the evening. Try it with black jeans with a black bodysuit and black heeled sandals for date night. (here)
7. Black Pants in a Professional Setting
For a slightly more professional variation on the above, grab a black pant, tuck an ecru/off-white camisole in, then finish the look with your white denim jacket and pumps.
8. Nautical Look with Stripes
I love the french girl look a striped top or dress brings a white jean jacket in summer. Pop the collar and wear boyfriend jeans and patterned loafer mules for even more prep in this combo. (here and here)
9. Monochromatic White Outfit
There’s nothing more chic than monochromatic white! It’s daring, fresh, and unique. I think the key here is making sure your top and bottoms fall close on the color spectrum to your jean jacket (too yellow or too blue will throw the look off). Or, make things easy on yourself and go with a crisp white dress or jumpsuit.
Which White Jean Jacket Should You Buy?
What Fit to Look For
For the most versatility in a white jean jacket, I recommend a style that’s fitted throughout and has a slightly cropped cut. Cropped and oversized denim jackets are always an option (the Levi’s trucker is a popular oversized and this L’Agence jacket is a true crop), but might not be the most versatile if you’re only going to buy one (especially for wearing with tailored looks to the office, on date night, etc.). But you do you!
Fit was a huge factor in what drew me to my new white jean jacket. It’s about 23” from shoulder to hem, so the high hip length doesn’t swallow your waistline. It hits at just the right spot for mid- and high-rise jeans, the traditional waist on fitted dresses, and where you might belt an otherwise flowy spring/summer dress.
White Jean Jacket Options
- AG Robyn Jacket: If you’re on the hunt for a good white denim jacket, look no further than this AG denim jacket. It’s white but not too stark, has a lightweight feel that won’t be hot in the summer, and has the perfect amount of stretch to accommodate thin sleeves and make taking it on/off easy.
- Affordable Jackets: For an affordable option, I’d check out this jean jacket by Banana Republic. Banana completely rebranded last year, and I’ve been so happy with the quality of every purchase. J.Crew also makes its classic denim jacket in white, which is a great option under $150.
- Blazer Style Jacket: Blazer style white jean jackets are tricky to find at affordable prices, but if you work in an office setting or need smart-casual looks often, the investment is worth considering. Cinq a Sept makes its best selling Khloe blazer in white denim (I have it in white as seen in this spring date night outfit). It’s a relaxed take on the classic white blazer, and the price is steep but the fit is impeccable. I’m not exaggerating when I say that I got 5 compliments in the first afternoon I wore mine!