Starbucks drinks are a treat year-round, whether it’s a creamy iced coffee on the hottest day of summer or a peppermint-flavored piping hot latte during the holidays. Sadly, it’s true: many of Starbucks’ tastiest orders are loaded with calories, fat, and sugar.
Here’s the good news: You can craft practically any go-to order into a healthy Starbucks drink. Below, I’m sharing a list of ordering tips to keep your drink low calories and my 10 favorite healthy Starbucks orders.
Low-Calorie Starbucks Ordering Tips
- Customize the pumps—Starbucks offers eight syrups year-round, including the classic syrup and crowd-favorites like cinnamon dolce. One pump contains 20 calories, and a standard grande Starbucks drinks has 4 pumps. One of the best ways to order a healthier Starbucks drinks is to customize the number of pumps and ask for a sugar-free version of your favorite syrup.
- Try a lower-fat milk—Starbucks now carries almond, coconut, and soy milks in addition to the low- and full-fat traditional dairy options. Subbing almond milk for full-fat milk on a tall latte can save you 80 calories.
- Withold the whip—The standard whipped cream serving for a tall Starbucks is a whopping 82 calories and 8 grams of fat. If you can’t imagine going whip-free, ask for it on the side and add a spoonful or two on your own.
- Skip the sugar—Rather than adding white sugar to your drink, try a packet of stevia or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. These are just a couple of ways to creatively modify the sugar content of your drink.
- Opt for a smaller size—If you’re really craving a classic Starbucks creation without any low calorie substitutions, try ordering a tall and sipping it slowly. You’re more likely to enjoy the drink this way, and you can treasure it for the treat it is while avoiding the calories found in the Grande or Venti versions.
10 Healthy Starbucks Drinks to Try
These are some of my favorite low fat or low calorie Starbucks drinks. If you don’t like any of the below, you can ask for almost any drink to be made into a skinny Starbucks drink. The calories are all for the tall versions of the drink.
1. Almond Milk Flat White (80 calories)
+ Flat White
+ Extra Hot
+ Sub Almond Milk
+ Sprinkle Cinnamon & Truvia
My favorite simple “treat” with no syrups, etc.
2. Blonde Vanilla Cappuccino (80 calories)
+ Blonde Cappuccino
+ Almond Milk
+ 1/2 Pump SF Vanilla
+ Light Caramel Drizzle
Love this for when I’m wanting more foam.
3. Nitro Caramel Cold Brew (30 calories)
+ One Pump Caramel
+ Light Cream
A creamy go-to for summer months.
4. Iced Americano (5 calories)
+ Iced Americano or Iced Cold Brew
+ Extra Ice
My cold coffee order 99% of the time.
5. Cinnamon Cafe Misto (20 calories)
+ Blonde Roast
+ Steamed Almond Milk on Top
+ Add 2 Truvias & Cinnamon
This is basically a gentle boost to your everyday coffee.
6. Irish Cream Cold Brew (40 calories)
+ Cold Foam Cold Brew
+ Cold Foam Made with SF Vanilla
+ 1 pump Irish Cream Syrup
+ Add a splash of Half and Half
Can’t believe this is only 40 calories. It’s foamy and creamy!
7. Cinnamon Honey Iced Latte (60 calories)
+ Grande Iced Blonde Americano
+ 1 Pump Honey Syrup
+ 2 Pumps SF Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
+ Add Almond Milk
I love this one! Tastes like a honey graham cracker!
8. Iced Peppermint Mocha (60 calories)
+ Iced Americano
+ 1 Pump Skinny Mocha
+ 1 Pump Peppermint
+ Splash of Half and Half
Just in case you need a holiday pick me up anytime year-round.
9. Cafe Vanilla “Frappucino” (70 calories)
+ Grande Iced Latte
+ Sub Almond Milk
+ 1 Scoop Vanilla Bean Powder
+ 2 Pumps SF Vanilla Syrup
+ Ask for It to Be Blended with Light Ice
Don’t be nervous ordering this one! It’s actually pretty simple to make.
10. Vanilla Bean Frappuccino (80 calories)
+ Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
+ Substitute Almond Milk
+ 2 Scoops Vanilla Bean
+ Only 1 Pump Light Frappuccino Base
+ Light Ice
A lighter take on my favorite Vanilla Bean drink.
What’s your favorite healthier Starbucks coffee drink or twist on a healthy coffee drink at home? Let me know what you order in the comments!