Happy Friday! David and I are in San Diego on a work trip this weekend, and it feels so good to be back in Cali. Yesterday on IG I shared that we’re renting a house here this summer! Follow along to see what we’re up to & what I wear throughout our stay.
Weekend notes are a weekly series where I round up recent blog posts, daily looks, link requests, and FAQs. If you have a question or request, leave a comment or send me a DM on Instagram.
Click the images to shop products directly.
1. Neutral heels that are actually comfortable? All the “nice” brands hurt my feet.
I love Sarah Flint shoes—they’re made in the same factories as Louboutins but don’t hurt. I have the 100mm nude pumps but love these styles as well! If you decide to treat yourself, get $50 off your first pair with code SARAHFLINT-BANATALIEY.
2. I found you through your natural hair color journey post—if I’m currently platinum blonde, can I go back to my honey color?
So glad you found the post! I went from platinum blonde to my natural hair color, so it’s definitely possible. Let your hairstylist know about your goal and work with them to create a roadmap. I shared more tips in this Instagram reel.
3. Do you like the Revlon blow drying brush? I know you mentioned you bought it awhile ago.
The Revlon is great if you’re on a budget and want a faster blow dry 1-2 x per week. I wouldn’t use it often as it gets very hot, and I noticed a lot of breakage. While pricey, the Dyson Airwrap (smoothing attachment) is better for hair health.
4. Undergarments to wear with sheer clothing?
I wear these undies (no lines!). I swear by Third Love t-shirt bras. For strapless and racerback tops, I use these.
5. Favorite nail colors for spring?
OPI Funny Bunny, Essie Ballet Slipper, and Essie Marshmallow.
6. Neutral coffee table books + styling tips?
Shared a bunch of options here. For how I style my coffee table, click here.
7. What to wear on date nights this spring? Restaurants are starting to open up a little more near me.
I love a statement blouse with light denim and heeled sandals. A simple dress like this, this, or this would be sweet as well. If it’s a chilly, a slip skirt with a lightweight sweater and heels.
- My MIL sent me these vases; love how they look in a trio.
- This cotton dress is perfect for a shower/graduation! More white dresses here.
- This $68 babydoll blouse is so cute on. Strappy tan option here.
- The 10 spring essentials every woman should have in her closet.
- My favorite spring perfume—excited to try the candle as well.
- Been cooking from this healthy book—everything’s delicious so far!
- Love this under $100 shift dress to pair with sandals.
- The Celine lookalike sunglasses I wear—only $15!
- 13 things I use every day working from home.
One thought on “Weekend Notes”
Jo Malone is my favorite perfume it is all that I wear.