Like so many of you, our spring weekends are usually a mix of scheduled activities and down time just in case of spur of the moment plans, so when deciding what to wear, easy-to-style spring weekend outfits that work for whatever the day brings are the best!
As the weather heats up, I start to think about pieces I can not only move in but that will keep me cool, like these linen pants and this linen button down I just picked up. The pants are a dream—not sheer, perfectly wide leg, and come in more colors. Love this coordinating tie-shoulder tank too for the unusually warm spring day!
With just a few more spring weekends ahead, I wanted to share 10 casual items I think you’ll love as much as I do. These are the no-fuss staples that make getting out the door on the weekend a breeze!
Spring Weekend Outfit Staples
- Roomy Bag: I splurged on this Naghedi St. Barth’s tote (more colors and sizes here) for our trip to Miami earlier this year after reading all the reviews, and it really is such a gem. The material is pliable but doesn’t stretch over time—for a pricey bag you feel like you’re both getting a ton of use out of it but can’t damage it, which is great. My second most used weekend bag is my Lululemon belt bag (mine is old but this is similar) for going hands free to coffee/errands.
- Slides: There are so many slide sandal options these days for a wide variety of budgets. Freedom Moses and Birkenstocks are popular, and I love my Vince Glyn slides. I buy neutral so they go with everything.
- Sneakers: The Sam Edelman Ethyl sneakers are my favorite white sneakers under $100. They are surprisingly comfortable and my most asked about sneakers!
- Joggers: For quick coffee shop runs and errands I usually throw on Lululemon joggers. I wish they made them in brighter colors, but the olive and blue could work if you don’t want black.
- Denim: I want my weekend jeans to allow for some movement so I’m comfortable if we bike, walk, or sit. The Madewell Perfect Vintage jeans are made for that! Size down as they loosen over time.
- Classic T-shirt: For tucking into shorts, skirts, and joggers, a white tee is a spring essential. I bought the ATM Schoolboy Tee after seeing a fellow blogger rave about it, and it’s a great investment in terms of quality. An affordable alternative I’ve owned is the Madewell Whisper Tee, but note that it stretches over time.
- A Cap or Sunhat: When I don’t want to style my hair or want to keep the sun off my face, I love a hat! Go casual with a baseball cap or chic with a sunhat (I just bought my first Janessa Leone and also love Cuyana’s summer hat).
- A Breezy Blouse: The perfect airy piece to transition from brunch with girlfriends to lounging in the park to dinner. I shared more picks from this season’s styles in this white blouse roundup and this summer blouse roundup.
- Casual Jumpsuit: A breathable jumpsuit like this one from Everlane is an easy alternative to a spring dress. Would look great dressed up with heeled espadrilles for a spring date night!
- Casual Spring Dress: I like roomy boho minis/midis for daytime, like this Zara maxi (seen here). Transition to evening by switching into heeled sandals, adding a jacket, and accessorizing.
Of course, this isn’t a complete list of everything I wear in my spring weekend outfits. But I find myself mixing and matching the 10 above most often!
Spring weekend style is all about the looks that make you feel like you can go enjoy anything in! What’s your favorite thing to do and wear on the weekend this time of year?